Wednesday 3 June 2015

30 Days Wild - Day 2

Pushing up Daisies -Day Two




As I sat at traffic light this morning I noticed that the grass verges (which were nothing more than scrub land surrounding an industrial estate) were full of ox eye daisies.They looked really pretty and they're easy to grow.I bought a packet a few years ago and they pop up everywhere where now.In fact I recently planted some wild flower seeds round our village in  the RHS Grow wild scheme and noticed that they are native wild flowers to the
 UK

Today I'll be transplanting a few to an area I intend to turn into a wild flower meadow.
Here's a little information about them and if you fancy trying to grow a meadow yourself.How about

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/5623401/How-to-grow-an-ox-eye-daisy-meadow.html

No comments:

Post a Comment