Thursday 23 December 2010

True Grit!

I was trundling along the lane with my wheelbarrow today having just collected enough grit to get me up the drive which is still covered in snow when I came across my seventy year old neighbour coming in the opposite direction wheeling her wheelbarrow. I smiled thinking we'd had the same idea and that she had visited the grit box at the other end of the village. As we stopped to pass the time of day I glanced down into her wheelbarrow to see a packet of Special K sticking out of a shopping basket lodged in her barrow.Refusing to be daunted by the snow she had walked the mile along the road to our village shop with her wheelbarrow to buy in provisions for her daughter coming to stay over Christmas! I had to admire her spirit, whilst others around us are moaning about the lack of bin collections and the lateness of the post each day in these unusual conditions here was someone showing true enterprise and using some creative thinking to solve their problems! And before you ask, we did offer to help out with the shopping , she is just one truly independent lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment