Tuesday 20 March 2012

Take time to stop and stare!


What is this life if, full of care, 
 We have no time to stand and stare. 
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
From the poem "Leisure' by R.H.Davies 
.
Sheep and lamb 


  •  I stood for a while and watched today as a sheep struggled to give birth in the field by the beck and breathed sympathetically with her as each contraction came!
  • A heron rose from the stream in front of me as I was walking the dog. I didn't realise  that they could fly but they circle in an ungainly fashion above your head like large seagulls.
  • I understand that the dog violets in the Church yard are out and make a pretty picture amongst the wild daffodils. I make a note to walk up and take a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment